Tuesday, October 26, 2010

bad news barbara here.

so. here I go. I never wished this upon myself seeing as though car accidents freak the heck out of me.  I have never gotten in a major one.  until last Thursday night. yuck. I hope it is a very very very long time before I experience something like this again. 
here is how it went.
I was driving up to surprise someone that lives 2 hours away.. and just about 2 miles before I got to my final destination I decided to go around a corner a little too fast and ignore the fact that I was on a very slippery rocky road.  As I was sliding out of control I realized.. yep.. I was doomed.  right through a barbwire fence I went and into a ditch.  It happened so fast.  I remember it all so clear though.  It was so loud! everything was so loud! the sound of my head hitting the steering wheel was probably the loudest. luckily I remained countious so I was able to call for help.
  Can I just say how lucky I felt that night.  I said a billion prayers that night thanking the heavens that I did not land upside down in that ditch.  Too many times I have closed my eyes and I will start picturing it being so much worse and me being stuck under my car in that dang ditch.. in the middle of NO WHERE I must add.
to make that more real. the only thing around me was fields and cows that were escaping because I just knocked down the fence that kept them in.
haha.ha
anyway, I just have to keep reminding myself...
I am okay!
I really am! I called the person I was supposed to be surprising.. and said.."SURPRISE! this is not a joke, hurry, I am in a ditch 2 miles from your house... HURRYYYYYYY"

I was banned from surprising that person.

it is kind of funny now. looking back on it. not really. but kind of.

here are some pictures of my poor baby (my car)



gross I know. but come on.. had to show some of my battle wounds!

but look! it's fading!! woot!!


worst part: my car is totaled. TOTALED. I wasn't planning on going car shopping.  but. bring it on I guess!



8 comments:

  1. oh no!!!! im glad you are alright! Do you remember in high school when i tipped my turtle on its side! I cant remember if you were with us. It was me amber, Kristen, my foster brother and some one else! oh kylee.... It was so scary... we all got concisions and bloody noeses, hahah never again will i do donuts in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is kinsley by the way! signed into the wrong blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. MADDIE, i'm glad you're okay,BE CAREFUL!! i miss your pretty face!! come back to california, you know you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddie! This is so scary! But I'm glad you didn't get into a worse situation...It could have happened to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Car wrecks seriously are the WORST. I'm glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. with you driving it's always scary. haha. just kidding. glad you're okay...now i can only imagine what will happen to you when you surprise me 4 hrs away!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I'm laughing because this happened in RANDOLPH! i know you like the back of my hand.

    I'm glad you're okay though! Sure do love you!!

    ReplyDelete