Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It hurts.

Some of my FAVORITE moments in my life have been some of the worst.  the absolute WORST. Where the aching in your stomach is killing you because you are trying to squeeze every muscle you have so that that laugh doesn't come out.  Where you feel like a burst of air is fighting to come out of you but it is going to make a loud noise out of your mouth and it would be totally and completely inappropriate to laugh at that moment? These are moments that I live for.  I need to document a few of my favorite moments that I shouldn't have laughed, for so many reasons I shouldn't have laughed....but I did.  Because that's just me.  (I don't expect you to read these, but I need a good laugh right now)

Bailey remember that time that we were at the Madsens for dinner and we just had this feeling that they were going to call on one of us to say the prayer at family dinner with everyone sitting there at the table? not to mention Truman Madsen sitting directly across the table.  We should have came fashionably late, I realized this the second that they said, "we like to have our guests say the prayer Maddie." ....... okay ....... but what about my sister that is trying not to laugh sitting next to me and I can hear her squirming in her seat?? what about her.... how am I supposed to not laugh in this moment?? 

Julianne remember the time that we were sitting in our apartment and that boy came over and wanted to practice his opera for us?? because he would be singing it in the ward talent show the next day and wanted us to hear it for some reason?? do you remember how painful that was the moment his first note left his lips.  That note was one of the loudest sounds I have ever heard a human make.  And it was way too high.  And we both were standing behind the couch squeezing our legs together so tight, pinching ourselves.  Then I all of the sudden had to run out of the room because I had to sneeze?? is that what I said?? then you came back to check on me and to see if my sneezing was going okay.. but he still kept singing?? so loud. still. so loud.  we tried with everything in us to laugh silently.  We hoped he couldn't hear the tears coming down our faces, or the snorts that were being let out..we were rolling around on our bedroom floor laughing till I couldn't handle the pain any longer. and he STILL kept singing.

One time I was getting set apart for a calling in my ward, and when the man laid his hands on my head, he began by saying, "Madison Brynn Crosly." I know I know I should have corrected him.  But I didn't because I silently started laughing and was trying soooooooo hard not to burst out.  

One time I was in 6th grade and I had to recite a poem in front of my class.  I couldn't do it.  I tried closing my eyes.  I could not stop laughing.  No one else was laughing.  Just me.  In front of the class.  I COULDN'T STOP.  finally my teacher suggested I go outside of the door and say it loud enough in the hall so everyone could hear me.  DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN?? ......... I have a problem!

The other day I was in Sacrament meeting.  I picked up two different cups of water and they both happened to have holes in the bottom.  The water spilled all over me.  TWICE. 3rd time was the charm, after my face was bright red and I tried.... but I was laughing so hard.  reminds me of when Julianne spilled the bread down her cleavage in our singles ward.  It dropped DOWN HER SHIRT.  hahahahahahaha. it's like the boy holding the tray didn't notice.  he acted like he didn't but we know he was painfully holding in his laughter.

Laughing is one thing that I can't get through my day without doing.  I hope that in 50 years I am still having moments like this. One thing I do know forsure, is that I will still be pinching you under the table, trying soo so hard not to laugh. because that is just me.

3 comments:

  1. im laughing out loud.
    and i felt the pain as i read it.
    that dang ryan...did he HAVE to come over and do that?
    what song was it? whitney houston?

    ReplyDelete
  2. obsessed. i completely agree and you know i'm the same way. just the other day at my chiropractor [he wanted my parents to come for the first tune up slash go over x-rays] he was talking to my parents and adjusting me at the same time. he then said get on the floor and he goes on to say i need to sleep on the floor every night....i started laughing OUT LOUD and SO LOUD...my mom was kicking me and I couldn't stop. It was bad. I had to close my eyes when he talked to me the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously funny!!!!! loved reading and laughing with you!

    ReplyDelete