Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mom's always know.

This post is for my momma.
Remember that time when I came home from school and I ran into your room in tears and just needed you to hold me? and you did.  Like a baby.
Remember that time when my room was messy (that time) and you decided to clean it for me and leave a note on my bed telling me how much you loved me? I still have that note.
Remember the many times you gave me advice and still do.  Great advice.  You are one of the most amazing, spiritual, strong, loving people I know.  You are.
Remember all those times that we laughed till we couldn't laugh anymore because our tummy's hurt? And the noise that you make that makes us laugh harder.
Remember that time you told me to go to the mall and buy something really special to me so that I would always remember you when I look at it? I still wear that necklace everyday.  And everytime I see it, or reach up and feel it, I remember all the lessons you have taught me. I remember all the times that you let me cry, that you laughed with me, that you shared your thoughts, that you let me talk.  I remember the special moments that a daughter shares with her mom.  I remember the road trip to cali to drop me off to stay.  It was hard to say goodbye.  But I remember the look on your face, it was one telling me to remember always who I am, one letting me know that you always supported me, that you loved me no matter what, and that you believed I could do anything.  I love you mom!! and once again, you know when I need a special push from you.  This package in the mail.......Reminded me how much you love me and reminded me how much I love you!!
Save me my side in your bed.  I'll be home REAL soon! : )

4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Maddie. I am glad you feel this way. I do love you that's for sure. I could write a post all about you if I were a blogger. You will find someday soon that one of the happiest things for a mom is when her children are happy and thriving. It makes me happy that you have fond memories and are making more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't moms the BEST?!?! We are so lucky to have two of the greatest on the earth! I love this post, it makes me want to be a better mom : ) Someday I will send chocolate covered cinnamon bears to Harrison!! Nothing better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this seriously almost made me cry.
    bev -- you honestly are a rock and you rock!
    thanks for raising one of my favorite cousins ever!!

    ReplyDelete